10% Extra Cashback on Seeds Today. Use Code GROW10
Find Me in >>
All vegetable and Herb Seeds
- Okra Varsha vegetable seeds
- Quantity : Around 35 seeds
Planting and care
- You can start okra seeds indoors in peat pots under full light 3 to 4 weeks before the last spring frost date.
- Keep the seeds overnight in tepid water to help speed up germination.
- Okra plants are tall, so be sure to space out the rows 3 to 4 feet apart.
Sunlight: full sun
Soil: Sandy loam to clay loam soil (pH 6.5 to 7.5).
Water: It needs to be evenly moist throughout the growing season.
Temperature: 22 to 35 degree C
Fertilizer: Before planting, apply 1 to 2 pounds of an all-purpose garden fertilizer, such as 10-10-10.
Caring for Okra varsha
- Eliminate weeds when the plants are young, then mulch heavily to prevent more weeds from growing.
- Keep the plants well watered throughout the summer months; 1 inch of water per week is ideal, but use more if you are in a hot, arid region.
- After the first harvest, remove the lower leaves to help speed up production.
- Ladys Finger does not like to have its roots disturbed.
The first harvest will be ready about 2 months after planting. Harvest the okra when its about 2 to 3 inches long. Harvest tender pods every other day.
Frequently bought together
Choose item to buy together
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments